Migrating data from MS Access(*.mdb; *.accdb) to Firebird
Database Migration Toolkit is a powerful and high performance toolkit that can migrate data across various database formats, such as MS Access, Firebird, etc.
This article describes how to quickly migrate data from MS Access to Firebird by Database Migration Toolkit! Help you complete complex database migration tasks and save a lot of time!
|64-bit Windows application for Database Migration Toolkit 10.2.27 (2021-09-03).
|32-bit Windows application for Database Migration Toolkit 10.2.27 (2021-09-03).
- Windows 7 or higher.
- MS Access 97 or higher.
- Firebird 1.5 or higher.
1. In "Choose a Data Source" dialog, Choose "Microsoft Access (*.mdb;*.accdb)";
- Press "..." button to select the Access database (.MDB or .ACCDB) file.
- If there is a workgroup (system database), press "Lock" button to set it.
2. In "Choose a Destination" dialog, Choose "Firebird/Interbase";
- Input the username (default: SYSDBA) and password (default is "masterkey").
- Choose the database character-set.
- Press "..." button to select the Firebird/Interbase database file.
- If you want to using your Firebird server, you can specify the server address: <server name>[/server_port]:<db_file>. e.g: localhost/3050:c:\temp\test.fdb. If the server port is 3050, you can just ignore it. e.g: localhost:c:\temp\test.fdb;
3. In "Select source Tables(s) & View(s)" dialog;
- Select the tables/views which will be migrated.
- Click "..." to set the table options or remap the table structure.
- You can set the data transfer method (Overwrite Table/Empty Data/Append Data/Skip Table) or filter the data before transferring.
- Choose "Field Mapping" option, you can redefine the fields in the destination table, e.g.: field name, data type, default value, comment and also.
4. In "Execution" Dialog;
- Click "Submit" to begin the migration, this toolkit will help you quickly migrate data from MS Access to Firebird without intervention.
- Click "Browse Log" to visit the full migration log.
- Click "Save as job" to save the migration settings to a job file, so you can "Load Job" to quickly reload the migration job in the future or run the migration job via command-prompt. Run "esf-cmd --help" in command-prompt to get the full command parameters.
The program will complete the migration as quickly as possible and generate a migration report to you. All you have to do is sit and wait.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us.
Download Now »