Migrating data from MS Access(*.mdb; *.accdb) to Firebird
This article describes how to quickly migrate data from MS Access to Firebird by ESF Database Migration Toolkit! Help you complete complex database migration tasks and save a lot of time!
ESF Database Migration Toolkit is a powerful and high performance toolkit that can migrate data across various database formats, such as MS Access, Firebird and so.
- Windows 7 or higher.
- MS Access 97 or higher.
- Firebird 1.5 or higher.
1. In "Choose a Data Source" dialog, Choose "Microsoft Access (*.mdb;*.accdb)";
- Press "..." button to select the Access database (.MDB or .ACCDB) file.
- If there is a workgroup (system database), press "Lock" button to set it.
2. In "Choose a Destination" dialog, Choose "Firebird/Interbase";
- Input the username (default: SYSDBA) and password (default is "masterkey").
- Choose the database character-set.
- Press "..." button to select the Firebird/Interbase database file.
- If you want to using your Firebird server, you can specify the server address: <server name>[/server_port]:<db_file>. e.g: localhost/3050:c:\temp\test.fdb. If the server port is 3050, you can just ignore it. e.g: localhost:c:\temp\test.fdb;
3. In "Select source Tables(s) & View(s)" dialog;
- Select the tables/views which will be migrated.
- Click "..." to set the table options or remap the table structure.
- You can set the data transfer method (Overwrite Table/Empty Data/Append Data/Skip Table) or filter the data before transferring.
- Choose "Field Mapping" option, you can redefine the fields in the destination table, e.g.: field name, data type, default value, comment and also.
4. In "Execution" Dialog;
- Click "Submit" to begin the migration, this toolkit will help you quickly migrate data from MS Access to Firebird without intervention.
- Click "Browse Log" to visit the full migration log.
- Click "Save as job" to save the migration settings to a job file, so you can "Load Job" to quickly reload the migration job in the future or run the migration job via command-prompt. Run "esf-cmd --help" in command-prompt to get the full command parameters.
The program will complete the migration as quickly as possible and generate a migration report to you. All you have to do is sit and wait.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us.
Download Now »