Migrating data from MS Access(*.mdb; *.accdb) to Firebird
The ESF Database Migration Toolkit is a robust and efficient solution for migrating data between various database formats, including MS Access and Firebird.
This guide will show you how to easily migrate data from MS Access to Firebird through a few simple steps of a wizard, streamlining complex migration processes and saving you valuable time.
|64-bit Windows application for ESF Database Migration Toolkit 11.2.04 (2023-09-04).
|32-bit Windows application for ESF Database Migration Toolkit 11.2.04 (2023-09-04).
- Windows 7 or higher.
- MS Access 97 or higher.
- Firebird 1.5 or higher.
1. In "Choose a Data Source" dialog, select "Microsoft Access (*.mdb;*.accdb)";
- Click on the "..." button to locate the Access database file (either .MDB or .ACCDB).
- If there is a system database (workgroup), click on the "Lock" button to set it.
2. In "Choose a Destination" dialog, Choose "Firebird/Interbase";
- Enter the username (default: SYSDBA) and password (default: "masterkey").
- Select the desired character set for the database.
- Press the "..." button to locate the Firebird/Interbase database file.
- If using a Firebird server, specify the server address in the following format: <server name>[/server_port]:<db_file>. e.g: localhost/3050:c:\temp\test.fdb. If the server port is 3050, it can be omitted. e.g: localhost:c:\temp\test.fdb;
3.In "Select source Tables(s) & View(s)" dialog;
- Select the tables or views you want to migrate.
- You can access the table options or adjust the table structure by clicking the "..." button.
- In the "Field Mapping" option, you can customize the destination table's fields, such as field name, data type, default value, comment, and more. You also have the option to choose the data transfer method, including Overwrite Table, Empty Data, Append Data, or Skip Table, or even filter the data before transferring it.
4. In "Execution" Dialog;
- You can start the migration process by clicking "Submit". The toolkit will efficiently and seamlessly migrate your data from MS Access to Firebird without the need for manual intervention.
- To keep track of the migration process, you can access the full migration log by clicking "Browse Log". This will provide you with a comprehensive view of the entire migration, including any potential issues and their resolutions.
- To save time in the future, you can save the migration settings as a job file by clicking "Save as job". This allows you to quickly reload the migration job at a later time or run the migration job using the command-prompt by typing "dmtc.exe --help". The command-prompt provides you with a full list of parameters to customize the migration process to your specific needs.
Upon completion, the toolkit will generate a comprehensive migration report, providing you with all the information you need to verify the accuracy and completeness of the migration process. So, you can sit back and relax while the program carries out the task efficiently. Should you have any inquiries or recommendations, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're always happy to help.
Download Now »