Migrating data from MS Access(*.mdb; *.accdb) to SQL Azure
This article will show you how to use a simple database migration wizard to quickly migrate data from MS Access to SQL Azure! Help you solve complex tasks and save a lot of time!
1. In "Choose a Data Source" dialog, Choose "Microsoft Access (*.mdb;*.accdb)";
- Press "..." button to select the Access database (.MDB or .ACCDB) file.
- If there is a workgroup (system database), press "Lock" button to set it.
1. In "Choose a Data Destination" dialog, choose "SQL Azure";
- You need to "Allow access to Azure services" in "Firewalls and virtual networks" page of the Azure server, and add your client IP to rules list.
- Input the SQL Azure server name (e.g.: esf.database.windows.net).
- Input the server port (e.g.: 1433).
- Input the username and password.
- Press "Refresh Database" button to list all databases, then choose an existing database.
- Press "Refresh Schema" button to list all schemas, then choose and existing schema (default is "dbo").
3. In "Select source Tables(s) & View(s)" dialog;
- Select the tables/views which will be migrated.
- Click "..." to set the table options or remap the table structure.
- You can set the data transfer method (Overwrite Table/Empty Data/Append Data/Skip Table) or filter the data before transferring.
- Choose "Field Mapping" option, you can redefine the fields in the destination table, e.g.: field name, data type, default value, comment and also.
4. In "Execution" Dialog;
- Click "Submit" to begin the migration, this toolkit will help you quickly migrate data from MS Access to SQL Azure without intervention.
- Click "Browse Log" to visit the full migration log.
- Click "Save as job" to save the migration settings to a job file, so you can "Load Job" to quickly reload the migration job in the future or run the migration job via command-prompt. Run "esf-cmd --help" in command-prompt to get the full command parameters.
The program will complete the migration as quickly as possible and generate a migration report to you. All you have to do is sit and wait.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us.
Download Now! »