Migrating data from SQL Azure to MariaDB
The ESF Database Migration Toolkit is a robust and efficient solution for migrating data between various database formats, including SQL Azure and MariaDB.
This guide will show you how to easily migrate data from SQL Azure to MariaDB through a few simple steps of a wizard, streamlining complex migration processes and saving you valuable time.
|64-bit Windows application for ESF Database Migration Toolkit 11.2.04 (2023-09-04).
|32-bit Windows application for ESF Database Migration Toolkit 11.2.04 (2023-09-04).
- Windows 7 or higher.
- SQL Azure.
- MariaDB 5.1 or higher.
1. In "Choose a Data Source" dialog, choose "SQL Azure";
- You must "Allow access to Azure services" in the "Firewalls and virtual networks" page of the Azure server and add your client IP to the rules list.
- Enter the SQL Azure server name (e.g. esf.database.windows.net).
- Enter the server port number (e.g. 1433).
- Enter your username and password.
- Click the "Refresh Database" button to display a list of all databases, and then select an existing database.
- Click the "Refresh Schema" button to display a list of all schemas, and then select an existing schema.
2. In "Choose a Destination" dialog, choose "MariaDB";
- Enter the server name (default: localhost), port (default: 3306), username, and password.
- MariaDB supports multiple Storage Engines, for more information, please visit the MariaDB knowledge base.
- Select a character set, e.g., UTF-8.
- Press the "Refresh" button to list all MariaDB databases. You can either choose an existing database or create a new one by entering a name; the tool will automatically create the new database during the migration process.
3.In "Select source Tables(s) & View(s)" dialog;
- Select the tables or views you want to migrate.
- You can access the table options or adjust the table structure by clicking the "..." button.
- In the "Field Mapping" option, you can customize the destination table's fields, such as field name, data type, default value, comment, and more. You also have the option to choose the data transfer method, including Overwrite Table, Empty Data, Append Data, or Skip Table, or even filter the data before transferring it.
4. In "Execution" Dialog;
- You can start the migration process by clicking "Submit". The toolkit will efficiently and seamlessly migrate your data from SQL Azure to MariaDB without the need for manual intervention.
- To keep track of the migration process, you can access the full migration log by clicking "Browse Log". This will provide you with a comprehensive view of the entire migration, including any potential issues and their resolutions.
- To save time in the future, you can save the migration settings as a job file by clicking "Save as job". This allows you to quickly reload the migration job at a later time or run the migration job using the command-prompt by typing "dmtc.exe --help". The command-prompt provides you with a full list of parameters to customize the migration process to your specific needs.
Upon completion, the toolkit will generate a comprehensive migration report, providing you with all the information you need to verify the accuracy and completeness of the migration process. So, you can sit back and relax while the program carries out the task efficiently. Should you have any inquiries or recommendations, don't hesitate to reach out to us. We're always happy to help.
Download Now »