Migrating data from SQL Server to Oracle
ESF Database Migration Toolkit is a powerful and high performance toolkit that can migrate data across various database formats, such as SQL Server, Oracle, etc.
This article describes how to quickly migrate data from SQL Server to Oracle by ESF Database Migration Toolkit! Help you complete complex database migration tasks and save a lot of time!
|64-bit Windows application for ESF Database Migration Toolkit 10.3.02 (2021-11-04).
|32-bit Windows application for ESF Database Migration Toolkit 10.3.02 (2021-11-04).
- Windows 7 or higher.
- SQL Server 6.5 or higher.
- Oracle 11g or higher.
1. In "Choose a Data Source" dialog, choose "Microsoft SQL Server";
- Input the SQL Server host name (you can also add an instance name). e.g: localhost\sqlexpress.
- If using TCP/IP method then input the server port (default is 0 and using pipe method), in addition, you need to provide a username(e.g: sa) and password.
- Checking "Windows Authentication" checkbox if using Windows authentication.
- Press "Refresh Database" button to list all databases, yeither select an existing database or enter a new database name, this toolkit will automatically create the new database during the migration process.
- Press "Refresh Schema" button to list all schemas, you can select an existing schema or enter a new schema name, this toolkit will automatically create the new schema during the migration process, if you let it empty, the default is "dbo".
2. In "Choose a Destination" dialog, choose "Oracle";
- Input the server name (default: localhost) and port (default: 1521).
- Input the username (default is "system") and its password.
- Select the logon method (SID, Service_Name or TNS).
- Input the source Oracle SID or Service_Name in "Database" box or let it empty if using TNS method.
- Input the schema name or let it empty (default is same as username, you can press "Refresh" button to list all schemas).
3. In "Select source Tables(s) & View(s)" dialog;
- Select the tables/views which will be migrated.
- Click "..." to set the table options or remap the table structure.
- You can set the data transfer method (Overwrite Table/Empty Data/Append Data/Skip Table) or filter the data before transferring.
- Choose "Field Mapping" option, you can redefine the fields in the destination table, e.g.: field name, data type, default value, comment and also.
4. In "Execution" Dialog;
- Click "Submit" to begin the migration, this toolkit will help you quickly migrate data from SQL Server to Oracle without intervention.
- Click "Browse Log" to visit the full migration log.
- Click "Save as job" to save the migration settings to a job file, so you can "Load Job" to quickly reload the migration job in the future or run the migration job via command-prompt. Run "esf-cmd --help" in command-prompt to get the full command parameters.
The program will complete the migration as quickly as possible and generate a migration report to you. All you have to do is sit and wait.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us.
Download Now »