Migrating data from Infomix to MySQL
This article will show you how to use a simple database migration wizard to quickly migrate data from Infomix to MySQL! Help you solve complex tasks and save a lot of time!
1. In "Choose a Data Source" dialog, Choose "Informix";
- Input the Informix instance name and server name in "Server" box.
- Input the service port (default: 9088) in "Port" box.
- Input the username (default: informix) and its password.
- Press "Refresh" button to list all databases, then choose an existing database.
2. In "Choose a Destination" dialog, choose "MySQL";
- Input the server name (default: localhost), port (default: 3306), username, password.
- MySQL supporting some different Storage Engines, please click here to get more information about MySQL Storage Engine.
- Choose a character-set, e.g.: UTF-8.
- Press "Refresh" button to list all MySQL databases automation, you can choose an existing database or enter a new database name, this toolkit automatically create the new database during the migration process.
3. In "Select source Tables(s) & View(s)" dialog;
- Select the tables/views which will be migrated.
- Click "..." to set the table options or remap the table structure.
- You can set the data transfer method (Overwrite Table/Empty Data/Append Data/Skip Table) or filter the data before transferring.
- Choose "Field Mapping" option, you can redefine the fields in the destination table, e.g.: field name, data type, default value, comment and also.
4. In "Execution" Dialog;
- Click "Submit" to begin the migration, this toolkit will help you quickly migrate data from Infomix to MySQL without intervention.
- Click "Browse Log" to visit the full migration log.
- Click "Save as job" to save the migration settings to a job file, so you can "Load Job" to quickly reload the migration job in the future or run the migration job via command-prompt. Run "esf-cmd --help" in command-prompt to get the full command parameters.
The program will complete the migration as quickly as possible and generate a migration report to you. All you have to do is sit and wait.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us.
Download Now »